(BETHEL TOWNSHIP) – A weekend fire in Bethel Township destroyed a pole barn and all of its contents.
The Bronson Fire Department was called to 543 Clearwater Road at 4:40 PM Saturday. Fire Chief Scott Wilber says they found a 36 by 60 foot pole barn fully engulfed in flames. The Lakeland Fire Department was called in to provide mutual aid in battling the blaze, which was put out in about an hour.
The initial investigation shows the fire is believed to have started from a malfunctioning kerosene cook stove that was being used to can food. No injuries were reported.